Sunday 26 August 2007

Punchline...

Josh asked us today during the talk - "Do you know how to catch a monkey?"

And then he told us - "Well, you make a box, with a banana or something inside the box, and a hole on the side of the box - just big enough for the monkey to put its hand in but not big enough for it to pull its hand out again - without letting go of the banana. And that's how you catch and kill a monkey! - with its hand still trapped inside the box! Because of course the monkey would prefer banana than its life..."

And I was really waiting for Josh's punchline! I was hoping he would say it with an impact, too! I mean, it was such a great story! It surely should be given a dramatic ending!!!

But no... =( Josh didn't say it... =(

Well, he did proceed by reminding us how sometimes, we too are like that, unwilling to let go of our possession, without realising that it might cost us our lives... Which was still a great challenge to give! =)

But I guess, I was just waiting for him to say. . . "Now.... Don't be a monkey!"

I think that would make the story's impact on people even greater! But maybe, I will change my mind after reading my new storytelling book... =)

No comments: