Monday 17 September 2007

A mine of gold...

I love my job! =) Not because of the pay (obviously not! =P) But because of the people I got to know and because I get to learn a lot from it!

So far I've learned to be flexible, to not crumble under pressure, to work with uncertainties, to work under ambiguities, to see the positive sides of things and so making the most of times and opportunities and enjoy even the most menial of tasks like filing or cleaning things up, or putting stamps on envelopes, etc... Not that I've mastered all the skills, but I have learned heaps! =)

And just today, I learned yet another thing! =)

My instruction was along these lines:

Read everything carefully. Complete your task well. And then forget everything!

And on my way home I can't help but think:

For in much wisdom is much vexation,
and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow.
(Ecc 1:18)

But at the end of the day, now... I realised that I have actually learned another lesson today! - to learn of something (read everything carefully), and do what is needed to be done with the knowledge (complete the task) and yet to be able to forget it all (not confusing what is mine with what is others' to worry about! =))

I am indeed thankful for my workplace! =)

And actually, even this post is a reflection of how much I've learned to make the most of things - to see what life skills I can learn from the things I do at work - work that might be boring to others, but can also be a mine of gold and source of practical wisdom on Christian living/ministry skills for me... =)

No comments: