Sunday 21 October 2007

Walking alone...

I like alone-long-distance-walk, not just because walking is my first choice of sport, but because to me, it reflects (and so encourages me in) my walk as a Christian in so many ways...

Main thing being the fact that I can walk alone, with just God accompanying me, and I still can finish my race...

I think, in our Christian life, many times, even though we have brothers and sisters in Christ, they don't always understand the things that we go through... There are just things that only God can fully understand... Sure, presence of brothers and sisters in Christ help. Even when I walk alone (from work), I found it comforting and "safe" to know that there are other people walking the same leg/route as me... =)

But yeah, in life, at least in my life, I have learned that there are just many things that I can only share with my Heavenly Father and Lord. And no one on earth... Not even my dearest friend(s)... (And btw, I'm not even implying that it has anything to do with my gift/state of singleness =) I think only single people tend to think/have a misconception that they can share everything with their forever-understanding spouse =) But yeah, not talking about being single. Just life in general... )

But yeah, that's OK. It's OK to be able to share only with my Heavenly Father and no one on earth. It's actually more than OK! Because He alone is more than enough. He understands and His company is more than enough to me! =)

And that's why I like long distance alone walk. Because I am encouraged to remember that even when I seem to walk alone, I am never actually alone. And I can still finish my race as my Lord actually walks with me, and His Spirit presents within me! =)

PS: Recently, as I think of the not so near future plan, I think that I need to grow in perseverance in being different - if I really want to go there to be different and make an impact. And somehow, I think walking alone would train my sense of perseverance as well - as living differently would be very challenging! So challenging that you would rather give up when it gets too tiring and you feel that you have no one "walking with you" or "accompanying you"... But I don't want to give up then! I want to make sure I will persevere and finish my race! I want to be true to the end even if no one else walks with me! By God's grace of course! =) But yeah, I want to be trained in persevering from now. And that's why I have made it my aim to walk all the way home (from work) - at least one day per week! =)

No comments: