Thursday 24 April 2008

His responsibility!

Some people might think that it's not a good idea to take all the responsibility/blame from someone, just in case s/he then work "irresponsibly".... But today, somehow, I felt I got / learned a new insight! =P

Maybe it's just me... Or maybe it's just him... Or maybe it's just the way we know each other's background and so trust each other enough?

Anyway, he knows that I get quite overwhelmed by a "sense of responsibility" - that is, I am actually someone who can function and work better when I'm not the one "responsible". Of course at the end I have to do my bit responsibly! But yeah, somehow - probably from my many comments/complaints and all - he knew that I don't cope too well when I'm being given "too much responsibility". =)

And so, out of his kindness, one of the first few ground-rules that we established was that "he is the one responsible for everything(!)" - if something doesn't get done, it's his responsibility, not mine; if something falls through the cracks - his responsibility, not mine! My job, is only to help him to do his tasks well - while being as helpful as I can of course! =)

I probably should have thanked God then... And I probably did. =) But it wasn't until today that I came to really appreciate what he actually had done! And what kindness he has shown me!

He actually volunteered to be the one to get all the blame if something goes wrong! He would also be the one people chases to make sure something gets done because it is his responsibility!

I didn't realise what kindness I had been shown...

But today, I got a new sense of appreciation and so a new sense of thankfulness! =)

Today, I realised that this "system" actually works better for me! =)

I figured out that I actually work much more effective and joyfully and less stressed out - this way! =)

And when I'm less stressed (knowing that I won't get the blame =)), my brain actually works better! =) And so, not only I am able to do what's required of me, I've also been able to come up with ways to improve the way I do things, or ways to help him do his works better and easier! =) It is actually a joy to make his life easier than harder - and to help him do his job well! =)

My brain is dead at the moment though and so can't think and can't express what I would like to express that clearly or nicely! =P

But yeah, VERY thankful to God for His kindness shown to me in this way! =)

Of course he is not perfect. This is not heaven yet! =) People are still sinful and the world we live in is still a fallen one. But yeah, I am very thankful for the chance God has given me to work and learn a bit more from him and his wife! =) Yeah, sure, it is him that I work with mostly, but he is who is because of his wife as well, I think. I mean, they are "one unit" really - at least that's how I view them anyway =)

So, very thankful to God for the privilege to work closely with these two great example of godly Christians! =)

No comments: