Friday 28 December 2007

Something I'm thankful to God for today! =)

I'm very thankful to God for the two new brothers that I have at work! They are such a blessing to have in the office - well, so far anyway! =P

Went to the last Tues lunch time talk with one of them last week, although I haven't really got a chance to talk to him again since then! =( Hopefully I'd be able to chat a bit more with him tomorrow! =)

Anyway, today, I went with the other one to the two Christian bookstores nearby and then had lunch with him. And honestly, I was greatly encouraged by what I learnt about him today!

I mean, it has been good to have both brothers at work. They are very enthusiastic about their work! Well, not enthusiastic in the way that they probably would describe it. But 'enthusiastic' in the sense that they are still willing to do almost anything that's required of them. They start early! They work really hard and don't take break that often (although I don't think this is actually a good thing for their health! and I do think they need to take more shorter breaks for their own good!). And yeah, you can just really see that they are still working for God!

Not saying that we - the 'older' workers don't work for God. Well, it's kind of hard to forget that you are working for God and His people when you work in our office and when each day is started with a prayer meeting! =) And I know it's just normal for older workers to feel... I don't know, not as enthusiastic about doing whatever God has given you to do for that day?! At least I do feel that way at times... I even have started complaining recently! (something that I need to repent of, I know!)

So it has been great to just have the two of them in the office and just observing, learning and being challenged by what they do. =)

But yeah, I'm very thankful to God for the chance to get to know one of them a bit better today - thankful especially for the encouragements that he was to me today.

He led in prayer straight away - when saying grace for the meal - no hesitation whatsoever - and no awkwardness! (I know it could just be a cultural thing...)

And what he prayed for! Honestly, I was quite amazed that he was able to see the good out of the situation - and be able to thank God for that!

And then he challenged me to obey the authorities and obey God to the max! - by observing traffic lights and not crossing when the pedestrian light's red! =) And as much as I don't really like 'wasting time' waiting for the lights to change, I respected and commended his desire and his determination to follow the rule out of obeying God! =) (I have now decided to give myself a lot more time when I go to places, so I have time to wait at traffic lights and use the "waiting time" to pray! =) Need to see how long I can actually do this though. Although after his reasoning today, it's hard not to do "the right thing" now! - at least when I'm in Sydney! =))

And when I asked him what I could be praying for him (and his friends) while they are travelling - (again) he gave me an unexpected answer! (I know, now it does sound as if I had a low opinion on him before today... =P I didn't... I just don't usually think much of people - and have decided to be surprised by good answers than expecting good things out of people! =))

Well, he did give me another 'normal' / reasonable prayer point - but his first prayer point was a very encouraging one to hear! =) (unexpected because I know he didn't expect me to ask him that question, too!)

Anyway, as I said, I'm very thankful to God for all the encouragement He's given me today! Including the ones from one of the 'new' brothers at work! =)

Be praying that they both will continue to grow in their knowledge and love for God, and so in their Christ-likeness, and that they will continue to consider it a privilege to be given a chance to serve God and His people, partly through what they are doing in the office! =) And also that He will help them to keep working faithfully always - as for Him, and not for man... =)

No comments: