Saturday 16 February 2008

Communication problems...

Been reading my Alkitab instead of my ESV Bible, and so been finding it harder and harder to pray out loud in English... Not that I can easily pray in Indo now... It's just... I've been listening to God in Indo... and so harder to talk to Him in English now... simply because it's kind of weird to communicate to someone like that I guess...

I mean, I know some people do that... Like me and Judy, a girl from the Mandarin fellowship... there are times when she talks to me in Mandarin, and I will reply to her in English... But it could only last for so long, because it's just weird! Especially when we can actually communicate in just one of the languages...

I won't say I'm finding it easy to read Alkitab now... and to understand it and think it through in Indo... I feel that I have trained myself SO well to think in English that it really is now the language that I think in - when I'm alone, or talking to God... Not saying my English is perfect or that I have totally forgotten my Indo... just that... I prefer that language??? I don't know...

But yeah, there are things that are worth some sacrifices, right?

Maybe, this vision is one of them...

No comments: