Sunday 17 February 2008

Reason behind the dream...

No, I didn't dream or wish to be a better creative non-fiction writer just for the sake of it...

Yes, I do find writing fun and enjoyable =) and yes, it is something that God has given me ability in... But there is more to it than those things...

You see, ever since last I read Walt Disney's biography, I have made a 50 year master plan. I know, I'm not a master. I'm only my Master's slave. And so, any 'master plan' I have should be in line with my Master's Plan - to reconcile the world to Himself. And I do believe mine is. =)

True, my Lord might come back before the 50 year is ended and it would be great! Cos there would be no need for that plan anymore! =)

Or my Lord might decided that it is time for me to return to Him - and I'd be so delighted if that's the case (imagine! - to finally get to see Him face to face!) =)

Or, as a woman, I do need to acknowledge the fact that I need to be flexible with any plans I made... And so I might change direction (or country etc) one day as long as it is still within my Master's Plan... But yeah, I am who I am and I plan as who I am at the moment. =) I plan as per now, for eternity... I don't worry about near future! =)

Anyway, while I'm waiting for either of those things to happen though, I am committed to carrying out my plan! =) And God willing, I'm so going to give all I can to realise that plan! =)

Now, what's the connection with my dream of being a creative non-fiction writer you ask? =)

Well, here is the connection... (or so I believe... =))

You see, the people who are in my 50 year master plan - are a group of people whom I believe, can be most effectively reached or taught through stories...

From my observation so far, it does seem that there was a strong culture of folk stories in the past, and even now, it seems that illustrations play quite an important role for those who try to get their ideas across to people - both in secular world (newspapers etc) or religious worlds...

I can be wrong of course. But it does seem that the most effective way (so far or at the moment anyway) to get the truth across to these people - would be through illustrations of things happening in daily life, or through short stories from daily lives that are able to present some grains of truth through them...

Truth taught through stories... creative non-fiction stories...

And that's why I'm doing what I've been doing! =) I want to be part of my own 50 year master plan! My part in it might just be really small, but it doesn't matter. I am so going to be creative and make the most out of every opportunity I have to be part of that plan! =) And that is how I plan to take part - as I think that plan gives me more flexibility in terms of place... Anyway, at least that's the plan for the moment =) (me being someone with lots of ideas, could easily change my mind soon =P)

But yeah, I have a 50 year master plan. Doesn't matter where my Master end up putting me, here or there, my master plan is still the same - to see His good news get back to my country of origin... to see His Kingdom and His people mature and built up... to see my Lord being glorified through His people there!

And that's the reason behind the dream...

No comments: