Tuesday 25 March 2008

He challenges me!

He is not exactly the most organised person on earth... And he definitely doesn't look cool! And I don't think I would consider him as the best communicator I've known either...

But he has a great love for His God! And he does love His people! And you can see it so clearly in his life, and in all the decisions that he's made - both small and big! And you can even see it in his attitude to things in life, too...

And those things - his love for God, his attitude and the way he makes decisions - made up for his first set of characteristics!

I mean, he might not be the most organised person, or someone who looks cool or the best communicator, but he challenges me! Challenges me through what he says and what he does, to be more godly(!), and to aim big and achieve greater things for God! =)

He challenges me to not be "easily pleased" with where I am in terms of my godliness and my current growth state and rate... to not think too highly of myself... to keep repenting... to keep growing in my Christlikeness... to keep running my race well, while being gracious to others in my dealing with them... to care for people from my heart... to be purposeful even at play... to know that there are times to say the hard things and there are times to listen hard and encourage...

I've learnt a lot from him... I have been challenged much... I have been spurred on and encouraged to consider, and reconsider, whether I really have given my best to God in all areas of my life...

I feel really privileged for this God-given opportunity... God has really been kind to me! =)

PS: Does not mean that the first set of characteristics does not matter at all anymore... They still do matter at times... But yeah, the other things help me to forgive and overlook and put up with them, I guess! =P

No comments: