Saturday 26 January 2008

Glimpses of Life Over Here - Better be a good one!

It was a sad occassion that brought all of us together there tonight. Our whole shop workers (minus one sick one and one whose house we visited) went there.

One of my parents' workers' Dad passed away this morning. He had been sick (seriously ill) for a week - but was only brought to hospital last night. Money was an issue - and probably because they didn't expect the case to be this bad this time...

Had a chance to witness that I didn't really make the most of tonight... But wasn't sure how much I should have said anyway. I did take it up as wisely as I thought I was being at that time. Maybe I could have done it better. But what has happened has happened. God could use it if He wants to. He is in control.

It was good to be able to spend some time talking to some of the girls who works in the shop (for my parents). To get to know particularly two girls better - one whose Dad passed away, and another one who is from another part of the island.

Was good to be able to talk to them as 'friends'. Of course they still 'respect' me. But from their questions... and topic of conversations - I'm thankful to God that there weren't that much barriers between us. I'm glad they let me sit with them! =)

I love these people.

I know I get sick much easier when I live here. And a brother told me recently that maybe that's a sign that I should not come back. I know he meant well, and I appreciated that. But I would not let my health be an unworthy reason not to come back.

I mean, it could be troublesome, and might slow me down a bit. But I just can't imagine what answer I should give to my Lord if He asks me - "Have you really lived out your life for Me and My people?"

Of course He might not want me to be back here for good. It is for me to work out between me and my God - which of course, is a much scarier thing to do - cos I can fool others, but I can't fool Him. And if it is true that I can't come back here, I should still think of ways to live my life out for Him fully.

But yeah, I want to have a better reason than just health, or comfort, or anything else for not coming back.

There are just too many of His works to be done here. My reason had better be a really good one!!!

Not talking about anyone else. No one needs to feel offended or uncomfortable reading this. As I said, each person needs to work it out for themselves - between God and themselves - how they can best serve God. No one is to pass judgement on others, because no one knows someone else's full story. But we should encourage each other to be as honest as possible with themselves and God... and make godly decisions.

But yeah, I love these people I live amongst... And I know He loves them more than I do! I cannot not go back just because I get sick more often here... I just can't! That's not an option!

My Lord has set me an example. He didn't find coming into this world - convenient, or comfortable, or not costly, or fun! And yet, if He choose not to come - who would have hope of eternal life?

My Apostle set me an example. He didn't find being rejected by his own people easy, or being flogged, or thrown into jail - but he did it anyway. Because He was following my Lord.

Many other brothers and sisters in my Father's family have also set me examples to follow!

I have no option... Even if I really can't come back - I can't 'ignore' the part He might want me to play in the lives of these people....... I just can't........

I have to be more creative! I have to be more prayerful.....

No comments: